Association of Reform Zionists of America
ARZA, the Association of Reform Zionists of America, is the Zionist arm and voice for the Reform Movement in the United States. ARZA endeavors to make Israel fundamental to the sacred lives and Jewish identity of Reform Jews. As a Zionist organization, ARZA champions activities that further enhance Israel as a pluralistic, just and democratic Jewish state.
Here at home, ARZA provides all sorts of resources to help American Reform Jews integrate Israel deep in their Jewish identity. These include:
- adult study curricula (e.g., One Heart, Two Homes, a 5-session course that helps students understand why they should have a relationship with Israel),
- responses to current events (e.g., Our Israel, a resource guide produced in the summer of 2006 to help congregations cope with the Second War in Lebanon),
- advocacy training programs (e.g., our 2007 Consultation on Iran and our 2008 Consultation on Jewish Dialogue with Muslims and Christians about Peace and Conflict in the Middle East),
- speakers for congregational Israel programs,
- and much more.
In Israel, ARZA works to:
- support the IRAC (Israel Religious Action Center, the movements legal arm that advocates on behalf of all those in Israel whose rights are curtailed) with a grant of $5 from each $36 dues payment,
- support the IMPJ (Israel Movement for Progressive Judaism, the umbrella of the 24 Reform congregations in Israel) with a grant of 18% of each dues payment,
- coordinate and facilitate mifgashim, face-to-face meetings between American Reform congregations traveling in Israel and members of Israeli Reform congregations.
All that for just $36 per household - please support ARZA by including the ARZA dues in your CBI payment! To get involved with the ARZA group at Congregation B'nai Israel, contact Chair, Susi Glatt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about ARZA, visit http://arza.org/.