History & Philosophy
The Barry Ira Graff School for Living Judaism (SLJ) was established in 1984 and has grown over the years to providing Jewish Education to over 500 students and their families each year. We are an Association of Reform Jewish Educators (ARJE) accredited school having met the high standards of Reform Jewish Religious Education. In addition, we have received numerous awards in appreciation for our dedication and responsibility to the community locally, nationally, and internationally.
Our program inspires Jewish children to embrace their heritage by actively engaging in Jewish learning. Our curriculum is experiential and hands-on, allowing students to creatively gain an understanding of their Jewish identity. We offer some of the most innovative teaching methods in South Florida, along with dedicated, award-winning teachers.
Congregation B’nai Israel strives to develop:
- Adults who have a love and pride in being Jewish
- A positive Jewish identity
- A strong understanding and application of Torah
- Reform Jewish ethics, history, practices, and spirituality
- Knowledge and appreciation of the Hebrew language
- Kinship with Israel
- The motivation to pursue lifelong Jewish learning
- A personal relationship with G-d.
To learn more about The Barry Ira Graff School for Living Judaism at Congregation B’nai Israel, please contact our Director of Religious Education, Kim Beame.